Friday 8 January 2010

l'homme qui...


















Came across a good article in the New York Times today, about the ageing brain and memory.

Why am I getting so interested in these things?

Am I getting old?

Will I start repeating myself soon?

(Have I already started to?)

I particularly like the idea that when you get older, audio suggestions can trigger associations to help you retrieve something you can't remember.

And I was reminded of seeing (my hero) Peter Brook's staging of L'Homme Qui, a truly beautiful rendition of (my other hero) Oliver Sacks' The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat at the Bouffes du Nord in Paris, (my favourite theatre building ever I think.)

At first it felt like watching a story about freaks who weren't me.

Then it felt like watching a story about people who weren't me.

Then it felt like watching a story about people like me.

Why am I getting so interested in these things?


No comments:

Post a Comment