Wednesday 17 March 2010

the horse












Today I was lucky enough to film a conversation with Marco Pierre White in his restaurant in St James St, London.

Much has been said about this man and in the past few days many people have warned me I'd be in for a rough ride. They wished me luck and some even ventured to tell me what he's like as a person, even those who hadn't actually met him.

So, he was a hard man to get any time with. Not surprisingly.

But today, finally, we spoke on camera for thirty minutes. And then off camera for longer.

I'll write a little more about my experience later next week, when we've shown the film and my big deadline has passed.

But for now, I'll just say that on an anonymous Wednesday afternoon in March I met a vibrant, passionate, funny and powerful man.

Albert Roux, so Marco told me, called him 'the horse' because he worked so hard and ran everywhere.

I didn't meet a horse today. I met a gentleman. In every respect.

Thank you chef.

The pleasure was all mine.

1 comment:

  1. I think i've worked out how to leave a comment at last. Thanks, Karl, for your post. My comment is this: my wife often calls me 'horse' too.

    ReplyDelete